Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Quick Creative Tip #2


Quick Creative Tip #2: Put a small glue dot on the back of a banner to keep it in place on your card.

I love making cards with cute little banners on them, but I have two gripes about making them: 1) stringing the flag onto the ribbon or twine, and 2) getting my banner to stay in place so it will stay looking cute. Here's my fix for the second problem: add a glue dot to a couple of the flags of your banner to keep the entire banner in place. In this card, the flags with the multi-colored vines are adhered to the card with a glue dot. The chevron and "love" flags are just hanging loose. Adding the glue dot made all the difference in keeping the banner in place.

Side Note: I used two new Stampin' Up! items that will be available at the end of the month. Can you spot them?
See the perfect shapes of the flags on the banners? That's a punch! Making flags for banners is getting way easy these days.
And do you see that "love" banner? That is a stamp from the SAB Blanner Blast stamp set that has ten fun stamps that coordinate perfectly with the Banner Punch and the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (which is already available in the annual catalog). Just two more weeks until Sale-a-Bration starts and you can have this stamp set and coordinating punch for FREE!

One more thing that I want to point out. See the "Big Hug" sentiment? I made that!!! I did some cool tricks with the Silhouette (and followed a tutorial) and came out with this perfect sentiment. In our family, we don't just give hugs, we give Big Hugs!!

Happy Stampin'
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...