Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Quick Creative Tip #3



I forgot to mention that the beginning of January was my five year anniversary as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. It has been an amazing five years as I have learned so much about papercrafting, met incredible ladies, and have achieved several promotions and incentives I didn't think were possible. One of my favorite things that has happened in the past five years is the amount of techniques, tips, and tricks I have learned to apply to my papercrafting projects. One of my favorite tricks is this week's Quick Creative Tip: Use a bone folder to curl up the petals of a paper flower.

I believe I was at a Ladybug Ink meeting (my group of SU! demonstrators) when I learned of this nifty tip. My world was changed as I saw my fellow Ladybug Stamper curl up the petals of her flower and give it a dimension that made it pop on the card she applied it to. Since then, I have grown addicted to this tip. My flowers can no longer lay flat, I have to add dimension!

One of the great techniques of the bone folder is to use it to curl paper. Here I curled the petals of a flower, but you can also curl banners, leaves, edges of paper. The opportunities are endless. It will not, however, work for curling your daughter's hair. Don't try it.
Happy Stampin',
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...