Friday, January 10, 2014

A New Love



This year, I fell in love with an e-cutter called the Silhouette. After months and months of talking about it, I found an amazing Black Friday deal online and decided to purchase the e-cutter. It came in right before the onslaught of Holiday happiness/madness, and I just recently had the time and energy to sit down and play with it. This card is the result of that play session.

One of the many reasons I fell in love with the Silhouette is because it plays well with imported .SVG graphics. In other words, many images that I purchase as My Digital Studio downloads can be imported to the Silhouette software to be cut. (Also, if you are an Adobe Illustrator fan, you can do all sorts of fun stuff). The "love" in the above card is actually an image from the Hello Fall Pocket Cards download. I was able to crop the MDS image to just use the "Love" part of the image. The arrow is from the Labels Thinlets die. Seriously, this e-cutting business is super fun!



Stampin' Tips:

  • Color Scheme: Summer Starfruit, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • DSP: Kaleidoscope DSP (Occasions Mini)
  • Accessories: SAB Summer Starfruit Twine (available January 28), Label Cards Thinlits Die
If you have been on the fence about purchasing an e-cutter, I highly recommend a Silhouette, especially if you are a My Digital Studio user. There is a learning curve, but it's worth it and SO MUCH FUN!!!

Happy Stampin'!
~Cita 

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...