Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Stampin' Up! Story



Last month, I joined a Stampin' Up! demonstrator training program called Recruit Crew. Basically, it's a training program that teaches us the skills and helps us build confidence on recruiting demonstrators. Recruit Crew is divided up into two-week modules, requiring us to complete a set of challenges during each module. One of the challenges in both the first and second modules require us to write and share our personal Stampin' Up! story. If you "Like" my Facebook fan page, you may have already read my Stampin' Up! story, but I thought I'd share it with you here on my blog.

When I was 15, my mom bought me my first scrapbooking kit. Because of that kit, I fell in love with scrapbooking; furthermore, I fell in love with papercrafting. Fast forward several years, and I’m convinced to go to a function at my church where we hand-stamped Christmas cards. Having never stamped in my papercrafting endeavors, I was intrigued and excited about how stamps could possibly enhance my scrapbooks. I went home that night and told my husband that I had a new hobby – stamping.

It wasn’t until the next year that I really did anything with my newly declared hobby. I attended my first Stampin’ Up! event that summer, which was a Stamping 101 class, met my upline, Amber, and was just amazed at how fast I developed my hobby. The more I stamped the more I craved to know more and stamp more. Within six months, because of Stampin’ Up!, I had learned some amazing stamping techniques, acquired the basic supplies (stamps, paper, and ink) to make projects, and joined Stampin’ Up! as a demonstrator. I was drawn in specifically by 1) the discount you receive as a demonstrator, and 2) the endless resources Stampin’ Up! offers to learn different stamping techniques and get ideas for my own personal projects. I don’t know how many technique videos I have watched, and each month I wait anxiously for my copy of Stampin’ Success, the magazine you get when you become a demonstrator. I am amazed at how much I have grown as a stamper because of Stampin’ Up!, and I love how well stamping complements scrapbooking. Since joining SU! I have done loads of scrapbooking, met wonderful people, formed unexpected friendships, made some amazing paper projects that I never thought I would be able to make, and now have a reason and an inspiration to continue stamping and scrapbooking.

In other words...I Heart Stamping. :)

~Cita

PS - You can follow me on Facebook or Twitter

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...