Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tiny Thanks


I have been so blessed these past few weeks with several baby showers and one more to go. I am amazed at how excited people are for my baby and how generous they are as they shower Steve and me with gifts for the the baby. It is such a blessing and we are so thankful. Because of this, I have been very busy making thank you cards. I want everyone to get a hand made card to show how thankful my husband and I are for their generosity. What's great is that once I get a design cranked out, I can make replicates of that design in no time.

By now, many of you are fully aware of the new design for the punches. Let me just say that I LOVE the new design. I love how light they are, the potential for easier storage, and how it seems to be a little easier to punch things out.

Furthermore, I LOVE the Tiny Tags (118091) stamp set and coordinating punch. When I first saw it my mind started swirling of all the awesome ways you can use this stamp set, like for small, simple thank you cards.

Tiny Thank You Card details:
  • Color scheme: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Pretty in Pink
  • Use the SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die (118138) to cut out three butterflies using Pretty in Pink. You will have to cut these out one at a time, but save the other butterflies for future projects.
  • Stamp the "Thanks so Much" greeting from the Tiny Tags stamp set in Chocolate Chip on the Certainly Celery strip before adhering the butterflies to the strip. This will allow for better positioning on the butterflies.
  • Use mini glue dots to adhere the embossed butterflies to the Certainly Celery strip. Fluff the butterflies' wings to add some more dimension to the card.
  • Stamp the tag outline on Pretty in Pink and "Baby" (or whatever greeting you want) on Very Vanilla
  • Punch these images out using the Medium Jewelry Tag punch (117190). Also, punch a blank tag out of Certainly Celery. You'll have three tags.
  • Gather all three tags and use the Paper-Piercing Tool (116631) to punch a hole in the notch area through all three tags.
  • Thread a short piece of Hemp Twine (100982) through all tags. Tie off at the top and place around the middle butterfly.
  • Fan out the tags and place a mini glue dot on the back of the fanned tags and attach to the card.
To keep with the butterflies and monkey theme, I stamped the monkey from Fox and Friends (117020) inside using Versamark (102283). This way it's there, but if needed, I can write over it to express my thanks!

Happy Stampin'
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...