Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Inspire Create Share 2014: Day .5



I'm in Salt Lake City!

I'm here at Inspire Create Share 2014. 

After a delayed flight, a sprint across McCarran International Airport, and dealing with motion sickness on the flight to SLC, I made it to my beautiful room across the street from the Salt Palace Convention Center. 

Festivities started tonight at around 6 pm (I was late...thank you delayed flight) with the Check-In/Bag Pick-Up and then My Paper Pumpkin Night. I got to make a super cute Make-and-Take, have cake for pre-dinner (I hadn't had a real meal all day), and finally meet my roomies. Here's some highlights from tonight. 



I was notified that my flight was delayed before I left the house, so I took the opportunity and extra time to have a tea party with my daughter . We invited Bunny and Zelda the kitty. 

 I had a connection in Las Vegas. I said hello to the strip from the airplane and then sprinted to the other side of the airport to catch my flight.

 And on the flight I got to see the Hoover Dam. Yippee. 

Ok, so enough about my long trip. Let's talk about convention. 

Tonight was a My Paper Pumpkin Open House. There were all sorts of great facts about My Paper Pumpkin, an opportunity to sign up and receive a free gift, drawings, treats, and a Make-and-Take. 

 I kind of got that convention giddiness walking into the party. Music was thumping and the smiles were contagious.
 This was my dinner (not really, but I did indulge in some yummy carrot cake)

Here is the My Paper Pumpkin M&T, which is also a sneak peek at the September My Paper Pumpkin kit. This was super easy to make and the rest of the kit was super cute. I'm going to renew my subscription just so I can get this kit in September. It will make Halloween treats super easy. 

I took a break from the My Paper Pumpkin party to actually check-in and receive my convention goodies. As always, the convention bag is one of the many things I look forward to, and this year it does not disappoint. 

And while I was waiting in line, I met this great lady from Nashville who gave me my first swap, but it was an unfair swap because I didn't have my swaps on hand to properly swap with her, but she gave it to me anyway. Totally made my day because it is a cute swap. 



My roomies and I also exchanged gifts tonight, but I'll have to post those later because it's time to get rested up for all the great festivities tomorrow.

Remember to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest updates throughout the day. 

Happy Stampin' , 

~Cita 

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...