Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Raining Flowers



I've been having a fun time trying to use all the retiring stamp sets before I have to say goodbye. Some of these stamp sets I have only used once, such as the Raining Flowers stamp set. I kind of regret having shoved this set in the depths of the stamp shelf.

With Mother's Day on the horizon, I thought for once I would make my mommy a beautiful card to send to her for once. (I'm horrible at sending her cards). However, unfortunately, she will not be getting her card by Sunday because I need it for my Last Chance Card Buffet class. She has been notified of the situation and is agreeable to receiving her card late. My mommy is awesome. :-)

I CASEd this card from Mary Brown's I found on Pinterest. ( I love Pinterest). I changed up the colors and the layout quite a but, but I love how she used the flower from the Raining Flowers stamp set to make a beautiful background.

Stampin' Details:
  • Color scheme: Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip 
  • Stamp Sets: Raining Flowers, Wonderful Mother, Wacky Wishes 
  • Accessories: Designer Printed Brads, Decorative Label Punch, Circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pak. Stampin' Dimensionals
  • To create the background, stamp the big flowers first in Wisteria Wonder. Then the little flowers in Lucky Limeade. Finally stamp the tulip outline in Chocolate Chip
  • Stamp the little flower in Wisteria Wonder and use paper snips to cut out the flower. Use a paper piercer to pierce a hole in the middle of the flower to make inserting the Designer Printed Brad easier.  
  • Stamp a greeting in Wisteria Wonder on Whisper White cardstock and then punch it out using the Decorative Label Punch. Remember, when punching out stamped images, stamp first and then punch out the image. 
  • Punch out a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock using the Decorative Label punch . Cut the label in half and the adhere the pieces to the top and buttom of the Whisper White cardstock.


What's great about this card is that it's so easy to switch out the sentiment and make a different card, such as a birthday card, thank you card, or something else. I made about 20 of these things, with all different greetings. This card is a great one to case. Change up the color scheme! Change up the brad!




Happy Stampin'!

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...