Friday, May 17, 2013

Ladybug Ink Blog Hop: Retired Style

Hello! Welcome to May's edition of the Ladybug Ink Blog Hop. If you are just joining our hop, we are showcasing retiring stamps and accessories. It's a bittersweet time as we say goodbye to some of our beloved stamp sets and accessories, yet eagerly await the release of the new 2013-2014 Idea Book and Catalog that is filled with such amazing products that most of us soon forget all about the stuff we just said goodbye to.

Anyways, I'm having a hard time saying goodbye to the color Baja Breeze. It's one of my favorite colors and am I'm pretty sad that it is retiring (If you follow me on Twitter or like my Facebook page, you will see me lament in real-time). So, in honor of my beloved Baja Breeze, my card for this month's blog hop features this amazing color as well as the Bordering on Romance stamp set.


Stampin' Tips:

  • Retiring items: Baja Breeze cardstock, Certainly Celery Stampin' Write marker, Regal Rose cardstock, Regal Rose Stampin' Write marker, Bordering on Romance stamp set, Parlor Prints background stamp
  • Color scheme: Baja Breeze, Regal Rose, Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Basic Gray 
  • Other materials (not retiring): Blender pens, Modern Label punch, Fabulous Phrases stamp set, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals, Black Staz-On Ink, 3/`6" Corner punch  
  • Use the Parlor Prints stamp set and Baja Breeze ink to stamp the background. Remember, when using a big background stamp to lay the stamp upside down to ink it. 
  • Stamp the three flower image from the Bordering on Romance stamp set using Staz On ink. Let it completely dry before using your Stampin' Write markers to outline the image. Finally, use blender pens to color the inside of the images. 
  • Add rhinestones to the middle of each flowers to make it sparkle!
  • Stamp a sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set (not retiring, thank God!) on Regal Rose (retiring). Use the Modern Label punch to punch it out and adhere it to your card using Stampin' Dimensionals. 

The good thing about retiring product is that it makes room for new stuff. I have to remind myself of this. I hate change, but I love surprises, and I think you will be pleased to see all the amazing product Stampin' Up! made room for. 2 weeks until the new catalog comes out!

Head on over the Cassie's blog to see what she has for your viewing pleasure. 

Happy Stampin' 
~Cita 



No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...