Friday, January 18, 2013

Ladybug Ink Blog Hop: Secret Garden

Hello, and welcome to the first Ladybug Blog hop of 2013! I hope you have recovered from the holiday season and are taking seize of 2013. I can't believe we are already more than half way through January. 2013 is shaping up to be a whirlwind of a year.

Anyways, my project this month focuses on the Secret Garden suite in the new Spring Catalog. I generally stay away from flower sets because I have so many of them, but I couldn't say "no" to the Secret Garden set because it comes with coordinating framelits. Excited is an understatement as to how I felt.

And then I got this crazy idea as I was walking through the dollar store and spotted a magnet picture holder. The magnets were not strong magnets, but thin enough that I felt comfortable sending through my Big Shot with the framelits. Plus, I love making magnets. It's becoming as addicting as making cards. Disclaimer: Framelits are not recommended to be used with anything other than paper/cardstock. You can damage your framelits or get undesired results when using framelits to cut other materials. Consider yourself warned. Now on with the project!



These are more of decoration magnets due to the strength of the magnets that I used. But they are so pretty!

The size of my magnet sheet was 4"x6". I was able to cut all five flower shapes from the Secret Garden Framelits.I put these to the side for awhile and turned to stamping. I should also mention that no framelits were harmed in any process of this project.

I stamped all five flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set on Raspberry Ripple cardstock. I then embossed each flower. For lined flowers, I used silver embossing powder. For "colored" flowers I stamped the flower using the Foam pad Raspberry Ripple pad and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I love how you can use the new pads for embossing. They work great! Next it was time to use the framelits again to cut out each flower.
My craft area is a mess!
I love how you can run all the framelits through the Big Shot at once. It helps save time.


Look at all my Secret Garden flowers. I didn't make these all into magnets. Actually, I layered many of my flowers on top of each other to give them dimension. Also, using a bone folder to curl the edges of the flowers upward gives them dimension.

Thanks for stopping by. Head on over to Cassie's blog, who I believe has a cute project for you as well.

Happy Stampin'
~Cita


Ladybug Roll Call!
Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo http://nicholesu.blogspot.com/
You're Here: Carmelita Wasson http://carmenacita.blogspot.com/
Cassie Rogers http://lucyslovelies.blogspot.com/
Michelle Carrion www.ilovecrafttime.blogspot.com

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...