Friday, December 07, 2012

Wise Variations on a Card

When starting out with stamping, my demonstrator mentioned that all you need to do is take a SIP. In other words, all you need to make a card is Stamps, Ink, and Paper. She is absolutely right, but after I got a hold of all the amazing tools and learned all the cool techniques, it was kind of hard to go back to the SIP card. Recently, I focused on a SIP card during a workshop to shop how you can create a beautiful card with minimal supplies.



Here is my SIP card using just cardstock, ink, and the Come to Bethlehem stamp set. I picked this stamp set because it has a beautiful design as well as a nice greeting that are perfect for a nice, simple Christmas card.
Of course, all cards can be up-dazzled with a few embellishments. I took the same card and added some Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon and a Rhinestone. Instead of stamping the greeting directly on the card, I stamped it on a piece of Very Vanilla and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch.

Happy Stampin'
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...