Monday, June 18, 2012

Using Scraps in the Background



I am a paper hoarder. How about you? I will use a piece of cardstock or designer series paper and save each and every scrap afterwards. I’ve gotten better at throwing the little scraps away, but I have file folders full of little paper scraps, all organized by DSP or color. At least I’m trying to be organized about my problem.  

A few years ago, I attended a Stampin’ Up! Regional where some demonstrator showed us how I could use the Word Window punch and lots of scraps to make a nice background for cards. The demonstrator actually used this technique to make a fence. I use it to make a little background and use all my DSP scraps.
The technique is super simple. All you do is punch out a whole bunch of word windows using the Word Window punch and then adhere them side-by-side, in a straight line. A piece of ribbon looks great over the arranged word windows, like I did in the above Mother’s Day Card. I was so proud of this card that I made for my mommy last year; I never sent it to her though. I hope she forgives me, or maybe I can use it next year.
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...