Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Variation of a Mother's Day Card

When I have classes they are generally small. At first, wanting to be a successful demonstrator, I was a little discouraged on my average class size (which is three people). However, in the past two years, I have learned to love my small classes. Not only am I able to share what I love, but each attendee usually gets a lot of attention, something they may not get if I had a huge class. I have also learned that by having small classes I am able to unleash my attendees' creativity. They learn to use my card designs as a starting base and customize it according to their preferences, materials available, and needs.

In April, I had an Occasions Card Class, where we made three cards for upcoming holidays (Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Graduations). One of the ladies mentioned that she didn't need a Mother's Day Card, but she needed a Sympathy Card. So I pulled out a greeting stamp that could be used for a Sympathy card and opened a door of creativity for all three of my attendees. It was so much fun. I thought I'd share what we created that evening.

This is my original design. This color scheme (Pumpkin Pie, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, and Old Olive) is out of my comfort zone, but I think it worked.

This is Donna's card. She didn't need a Mother's Day card, so we used "Thinking of You" and then embossed it with white embossing powder. I love how this came out and how the embossing makes the sentiment pop from the card.

This inspired Sylvia to go all out. She wanted a Mother's Day card, but she didn't want her sentiment on the DSP, so she moved it. After rummaging through some of my ribbon scraps she found some scrap Soft Suede ribbon that she bunched up.

Phoebe had a blast playing with her card. Having never embossed, she took to it quickly and fell in love with it. She added a little tilt to her embossed sentiment.

I may be a little biased, but my classes are fun. We have a great time stamping and unleashing creativity. If you are in the Albuquerque area and would like to attend a class, please contact me. A list of my upcoming classes can be found on my Stampin' Up! website.

Happy Stampin'
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...