Friday, June 24, 2011

Monkey Valentine

My daughter's daycare class had a Valentine party this past year and I was bound and determined to make all the cards for all the babies in her class (at that time, she was in the 6 week - 12 month room). My second goal was to use a whole bunch of scraps - cardstock, DSP, and ribbon - to make all the cards. I succeeded. I basically designed a layout and just switched out colors, ribbons, or DSP as needed.    

Stampin' Cita Tips:
  • Card base is a simple 3 x 3. Easy to use big scraps of cardstock and smaller scraps of DSP. I let my scraps dictate the color scheme for my cards. 
  • Stamp Sets: Fox and Friends, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Accessories: 1-3/4" Scallop punch, Word Window punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, 1-1/4" Circle punch, Ticket Corner punch. 
  • Any image from the Fox and Friends stamp set will work perfectly for this card. I just like monkeys so much that I forgot to use any of the other images, which include a fox (imagine that), turtle, whale, lion, owl, and giraffe. 
  • Once again, my go-to sentiment stamp set is Teeny Tiny Wishes. This card would make a perfect baby shower card, and Teeny Tiny Wishes has the perfect sentiment for that. I'm starting to think that everyone should have their own Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. 
  • The little heart came from the Two-Step Owl punch. I punched a scrap piece of Real Red cardstock and adhered the little heart with half a Stampin' Dimensional.



 

I'm not sure if the babies appreciated all my hard work, but hopefully one of their parents did. If anything, I had fun making these cute little cards, and it really did not take that much time.

Happy Stampin',
Cita


1 comment:

Amber said...

ADORABLE!!

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...