Friday, June 03, 2011

Belated Easter Wishes


I am forever going to be behind on holidays and blog postings. This posting will be no different. :)

I actually made this card way back in March for our monthly Ladybug Ink swap. I found this awesome idea of making a tulip using the Owl Punch from a demonstrator on the Stampin' Connection, the online community for Stampin' Up! demonstrators. I usually don't make Easter cards, but I loved how this one turned out. I guess I'm more into the holidays this year. First I make Valentine cards and now here I am making Easter Cards. 
Stampin' Cita Tips:
  • Color Scheme: Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
  • Stamp Set: Something to Celebrate (from the 2011 Occasions Mini Catalog)
  • Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die, Two-Step Owl Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Whisper White 3/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon 
  • To make the tulip, first, punch three owl bodies using the Two-Step Owl Punch. 
    • Cut off the owl feet.
    • Sponge the edges of each body with Perfect Plum ink. 
    • Array the punch outs on top of each other. Notice that you will have to cut off one of the Owl's ears depending on how you position the punch outs (see picture below).   
    • I improvised the stem by free-hand drawing it. 

  • Stamp your greeting in Perfect Plum ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, then punch it out using the Decorative Label punch. Make sure your greeting is toward the top of the punch out. Sponge the edges with Perfect Plum. 

Although this is a great Easter-themed card, it would work great as a sympathy or thank you card as well. Just change the greeting at the bottom. Hope you enjoy it.

Happy Stampin'
Carmelita 

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...