Monday, March 21, 2011

Punch a Bunch of Owls


Remember I mentioned how I got into the Valentine's Day spirit this year? Here's another one of my Valentine's Day projects that I did, even though I personally think Valentine's day is way overrated. However, one of the things I like about this card is that it doesn't have to be used for a Valentine's Day card. Just change out the greeting to "Happy Birthday" or "I Love You" or "Thinking of You," and wa-la - a non-Valentine's day card. On another note - I love the owls from the Sale-a-Bration Punch Bunch set. They are so stinkin' cute. 

Stampin' Cita Tips:
  • Color scheme: Certainly celery, Real Red, Pink Piourette, and Early Espresso
  • Stamp sets: Sale-a-Bration Punch Bunch, Teeny Tiny Wishes 
  • Accessories: Owl Extra Large punch, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon Early Espresso, Scallop Trim Border punch
  • Use the Owl Stamp in the SAB Punch Bunch stamp set to get your base owl image. Cut out the owl using the Owl punch. Then, take a few pieces of DSP and punch out the body of the owl using the Owl punch and adhere the punch out to the owl image. I also used the Stampin' Write markers to color the Owl's outer eyes.  
  • If you are like me and are not really good at tying beautiful bows, tying a knot in your ribbon is a nice alternative. I'm good at tying knots, such as I did with the Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon. I used scotch tape to attached the ends of the ribbon behind the DSP layer. 
Happy Stampin'

    No comments:

    Snowed In

    It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...