Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Love Layout

Have I ever mentioned that I have a scrapbooking club? Well, I do. We meet the first Thursday of the month and make a scrapbook layout and then another simple project. If you're in the Albuquerque area and are interested in attending my club, contact me. 

This layout is from my January club. I generally am not a Valentine's fan, but this year something took over me and I actually made several Valentine-related items; this scrapbook layout being one of them. The good thing about this layout, though, is that is can be used for anybody you love. I have no idea yet what pictures will grace this layout, but I do know that this layout is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it.

Stampin' Cita's tips:
  • Color Scheme: Real red, Pretty in Pink, Pacific Point
  • Stamp sets: Filled with Love, Notes & Details,  Fundamental Phrases
  • Accessories: Basic rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Top Note die, 1" Circle punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Brayer, Versamark
  • Create the background by starting with two 12x12 sheets of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the heart image in Versamark all over the cardstock to create a background. Next, ink your brayer with Pacific Point by rolling it over the ink pad and then roll it over the cardstock. Repeat this step until you are satisfied with the amount of Pacific Point on your page. You will then repeat this step using Pretty in Pink. Remember to clean your brayer in between colors. 
  • The DSP used on this page was part of the Filled with Love package, but it still can be obtained in the Brights Patterns Designer Paper Stack (which is a great paper stack to have around). 
  • Stamp the "Love" on whisper white and then stamp the heart clover image on a piece of Pretty in Pink DSP. Punch the image out using the 1" circle punch and use it for the "O" in Love.  
  • Cut out two Top Notes, one Whisper White and one Real Red. Cut along the dotted lines of the Whisper White and adhere to the Real Read Top Note to get a nice layered look. 
  • Use the images in the Notes & Details stamp set to create a place for journaling. Note that the "Love" image is actually from the Fundamental Phrases stamp set and stamped in Real Red.


I hope you enjoy the Love Layout and can use it as a starting point for one of your scrapbook layouts. I think this is an simple layout that can easily be customized to different colors and occasions. 

Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...