Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tags on Cards


Of all my Christmas stamp sets, I think I have used the Tags ‘til Christmas stamp set the most this year. The number one reason is to make Christmas tags for presents, but I’ve also have been using the images for cards, such as I did in this card. I used my favorite image from the set – the Dec. 25 image that can be easily punched out with the Decorative Label punch. What’s neat about this card too, is that you could easily switch out the Dec. 25 image for another image in the Tags ‘til Christmas set and create a variety of cards with the same layout.

Stampin’ Cita’s Tips
  •  Colors used: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla
  •  Stamp sets: Tags til Christmas and Four the Holidays
  • Accessories and Tools: Decorative Label punch, Scallop Oval punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, and Jolly Holiday DSP
  • Use a 1” wide strip of Old Olive to punch the Scallop Border on. I like using 1” wide strips when I use the border punches to have a bit of leverage when punching the cardstock. The great thing about positioning the border above the DSP is that I can adhere it BEHIND the DSP and position it better.
  • Stamp the Dec.25 in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla cardstock and then punch the image out using the Decorative Label punch. Stamp the Dec. 25 image again on Very Vanilla cardstock using Old Olive this time. Punch out the middle of the image using the Scallop Oval punch. Adhere this oval on the Cherry Cobbler image using a Stampin’ Dimensional.
  • Stamp the “Merry Christmas” sentiment (or any of the other sentiments in the Four the Holidays stamp set) with Chocolate Chip classic ink.
Hope your preparations for Christmas are going great! Merry Christmas and God Bless!

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...