Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Holidays with Markers


I don’t know why it took me so long to purchase the Big on Christmas stamp set because it has been one of my favorite sets for a few years now. The reason I like it so much is that it’s perfect to use when I want to color with markers, which is exactly what I did in this simple card.

Stampin’ Cita’s Tips:
  • Colors used: Old Olive and Read Red
  • Stamp set: Big on Christmas
  • Accessories: Real Red and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers, Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die
  • Card base is 4.25” x 5.5” Old Olive cardstock
  • Stamp the “Happy Holiday” sentiment on Whisper White with Chocolate Chip. Use the Real Red Stampin’ Write marker to color the letters in the word “Happy.”
  •  Stamp the “Happy Holiday” sentiment again. Color the Christmas Tree and then cut out the tree. Use a Stampin’ Dimensional to adhere the cutout tree over the tree on the first stamped image.
  • Emboss the Real Red cardstock with Dots by using the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die with your Big Shot.
  • Tie a knot in the Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and then wrap the ribbon around your Real Red piece. You can adhere the ribbon to the back of the cardstock by using Scotch tape. Tying a knot is so much easier than trying to tie a perfect bow, in my opinion
 Happy Stampin!
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...