Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Belated Valentine


My daughter, Sybella, was born on Valentine's Day, much to our surprise. The day before she was born, I spent most of the day stamping. You know, stamping is a great activity to do while pregnant. It's fun, relaxing, and doesn't require to move a lot, which is one thing that is hard to do at 5 days past your due date. :)
Anyways, I was really proud of a project I made during that last day and was planning on posting it on Valentine's Day, but I went into labor instead. So, 3.5 months later I decided that since I had already took the effort to make this project and take pictures of it, I might as well post it. So consider this as a belated Valentine's gift.

Swivel Valentine details:
  • This idea came from Jacqueline Nimrichter's blog. You can get a great tutorial on her site on how to make this Swivel Valentine
  • Color scheme: Basic black, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzelberry, and Whisper White
  • Stamp sets: Tiny Tags, Hello Again, and Whimsical Words
  • Use the Scallop border punch to punch a border around the Basic Black piece
  • Stamp two flower vines (from Tiny Tags) in Whisper White Craft Ink. Sprinkle the images with some White Embossing Powder and use the heat tool to emboss these images. Repeat with your greeting (I used "Happiness Always" from Whimsical Words)
  • Stamp three hearts in Rich Razzelberry and use the Snips to cut these images out. Attach the hearts using dimensionals.
This project can be customized for pretty much any occasion - wedding favors, birthday favors, birthday gifts, Christmas favors, etc. The possibilities are endless! Try it out and let me know what you come up with.

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...