Saturday, December 12, 2009

Say it with Pictures!

I LOVE pictures, and I love cards. So you won't be too surprised to hear that I absolutely love Christmas Photo Cards. I enjoy receiving any type of Christmas card during the holiday season, but my favorites are truly the ones that include pictures. So it was pretty excited to see that Stampin' Up! offers a Holiday Photo Card kit, which includes 12 printed cards, 6 sheets of self-adhesive die cuts, and 12 Very Vanilla envelopes. I had to try it out, and I was pretty content with my pretty, handmade photo card.

Holiday Photo Card details:
  • All the die cut stickers are included in the Holiday Photo Card kit (115667, $19.95) and help make designing and assembling the photo cards quick and easy. The kit even includes several ideas for card designs for those of you who believe you are design-challenged.
  • "Merry Christmas" is from the Christmas Greetings stamp set (115448, $10.95) and is stamped in Close to Cocoa (103139, $5.95) ink on a die cut sticker.
  • I textured the envelope flap with the Stampin' Up! Textured Impressions Folder Petals-a-Plenty (116824, $7.95). This was a bit tricky and I'm still trying to perfect the technique, but basically I inserted just the envelope flap into the texture folder and ran that through the Big Shot. I then took a brayer, inked it with Real Red ink, and rolled it across the textured flowers to get a poinsettia-looking background.
  • I had a bit of a crinkle in the texture, so I stamped a Christmas Tree from the Patterned Pines stamp set (116525, Hostess Level 1 in the Holiday Mini) and cut it out. I adhered it over the crinkle, and wa-la, it covered the blemish and added another element to the envelope.

Thanks to my wonderful husband, who looked absolutely wonderful for our 2006 Christmas picture. Yup, that picture is a few years old, but it's one of my favorites.

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...