Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Snowflakes in Bermuda


I love finding different color schemes for Christmas that go beyond green and red. So I was extremely excited with a fellow Ladybug Stamper, Karen, showed off a Christmas Card using Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede with the Holiday Mini Catalog's Christmas Cocoa Specialty Paper. On top of that, as I was preparing for the Christmas Stampin Series Gift Tag class, I came across a gift tag holder idea from Andrea Walford.

Gift tag holder details:
  • I used Andrea Walford's idea, but changed the dimensions a little bit. Sign up for my newsletter to get a tutorial for this exact gift tag holder.
  • The base of the holder is Bermuda Bay and the snowflake paper is from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper (116770, $11.95)
  • I punched the bottom of the lid with the eyelet border punch (113692, $15.95) and then tied a "fake" bow with Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070, $6.95)
  • The sentiment is from Christmas Greetings (115448, $10.95), and has become one of my favorite stamps of the season. I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black.
  • Use a Small Flat Cellophane Bag (103104, $3.95) to hold the gift tags. Adhere to the base, but don't deal shut.
Gift tags details:
  • I used the Scallop Circle punch (109043, $15.95) to punch the scallop bases using the snowflake paper once again.
  • The Bermuda Bay outline is punched with the 1-3/8" Circle punch (104401, $15.95).
  • The two snowflake stamps are from two different stamp sets - Snow Swirled (111690, $24.95) and Patterned Pines (Level 1 Hostess Set from the Holiday Mini). These snowflakes are punched out using the 1-1/4" Circle Punch (104404, $15.95).

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...