Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Snowflakes in Bermuda


I love finding different color schemes for Christmas that go beyond green and red. So I was extremely excited with a fellow Ladybug Stamper, Karen, showed off a Christmas Card using Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede with the Holiday Mini Catalog's Christmas Cocoa Specialty Paper. On top of that, as I was preparing for the Christmas Stampin Series Gift Tag class, I came across a gift tag holder idea from Andrea Walford.

Gift tag holder details:
  • I used Andrea Walford's idea, but changed the dimensions a little bit. Sign up for my newsletter to get a tutorial for this exact gift tag holder.
  • The base of the holder is Bermuda Bay and the snowflake paper is from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper (116770, $11.95)
  • I punched the bottom of the lid with the eyelet border punch (113692, $15.95) and then tied a "fake" bow with Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070, $6.95)
  • The sentiment is from Christmas Greetings (115448, $10.95), and has become one of my favorite stamps of the season. I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black.
  • Use a Small Flat Cellophane Bag (103104, $3.95) to hold the gift tags. Adhere to the base, but don't deal shut.
Gift tags details:
  • I used the Scallop Circle punch (109043, $15.95) to punch the scallop bases using the snowflake paper once again.
  • The Bermuda Bay outline is punched with the 1-3/8" Circle punch (104401, $15.95).
  • The two snowflake stamps are from two different stamp sets - Snow Swirled (111690, $24.95) and Patterned Pines (Level 1 Hostess Set from the Holiday Mini). These snowflakes are punched out using the 1-1/4" Circle Punch (104404, $15.95).

~Cita

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 12. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/