Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bermuda Pines


I'm a bit hooked on the Bermuda Bay/Soft Suede color combination. As in my previous post, I used the Cocoa Christmas Specialty Paper and Bermuda Bay to create this beautiful Christmas
card. I decided I needed to add a third color and ending up choosing Rose Red, which I think works out beautifully. We made this card at my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack. If you missed the Stamp-a-Stack and would like to learn how to make this card, I can always come over and demo this card at a workshop. Contact me to find out how to host a workshop.

Bermuda Pines Christmas Card Details:
  • The base of the card is a 4.25" x 5.5" in tent orientation. Use Bermuda Bay cardstock (115317, $5.50) and then adhere the snowflake paper from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper (116770, $11.95). Make sure the Christmas Cocoa paper is not 4.25" wide. Cut it about a 1/4" shorter to leave a border on the edges.
  • Use the Eyelet Border Punch (113692, $15.95) to punch the border on the bottom of a 1" strip of Whisper White cardstock. Adhere the border at the bottom of the Christmas Cocoa paper.
  • Stamp the pine trees from Patterned Pines (Holiday Mini, Hostess Level 1) on Whisper White cardstock in Bermuda Bay (115655, $5.95), Rose Red(101778, $5.95), and Soft Suede (115657, $5.95) Classic ink. Make sure to use the Stampin' Scrub (115657, $16.95) with the Stampin' Mist (102394, $4.95) to clean off the stamp before switching inks.
  • Use your Paper Snips (103579, $9.95) to cut out the trees. To add a decorative element to the trees, leave a little white as a border (e.g., do not cute on the "lines").
  • Adhere the pine trees to the card. I used Snail to adhere the Bermuda Bay tree directly to the card. I then used one Stampin' Dimensional (104430, $3.95) to adhere the Soft Suede tree to the card, and then I used two Stampin' Dimensionals stacked on top of each other to adhere the Ruby Red tree. Doing this gives the tress a genuine layered look.
  • Stamp the sentiment in Whisper White Craft Ink (101731, $7.50) in the lower right-hand corner
  • Don't forget to stamp your sentiment inside the card.
  • Remember that envelopes are a blank canvas! Stamp a few things on the envelope. Also personalized stamps are a great way to quickly add your address to all your envelopes!
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...