Monday, August 31, 2015

Happy Bokeh Birthday


Have you heard about the Bokeh technique? It's a neat technique that mimics the photographic Bokeh effect which is on trend in photography these days (or so I'm told). The Bokeh effect involves blurring part of the picture that is out of the focal point. I am often drawn to the circles of light that seems to be highlighted in these photographs. Some very talented crafters have adapted this effect to ink and out came a fun technique to use your aqua painters, whisper white craft ink, and circle punches. I have grand plans of writing my own Bokeh technique tutorial, but usually I have grand intentions of doing all sorts of things and nothing ever gets done. I need better time management. Until then, I encourage you to check out a fellow demonstrator's blog for a picture tutorial on how to accomplish the Bokeh technique. 

One of the unique characteristics of the Bokeh technique is the circles, which you can't really see in this picture. I promise they are there. This is one of those cards that I feel that a photograph doesn't portray how cool the card is. Maybe if I was a better photographer I would be able to highlight those Whisper White circles a little bit more. 

Stampin Tips:
  • Colors: Mint Macaroon, Delightful Dijon, Whisper White
  • Apply the Bokeh technique to a 5"x3.75" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I used Delightful Dijon and Mint Macaroon on my background. 
  • Stamp "Happy Birthday" from the Happy Birthday, Everyone stamp set in versa mark on Vellum. Use gold embossing powder to emboss the greeting. 
  • Use a few glue dots to adhere the vellum to the card. Make sure your Bokeh background has dried. 
  • Cut a few sequins from a piece of Gold Sequin Trim. Use glue dots to adhere to the card. If any of your glue dots underneath your vellum sheet can be seen, use a sequin to cover it.
I had so much fun with this technique. If you have tried this technique, head over to my Facebook page and post a picture of your project. I would love to see how you use the technique.

Happy Stampin',
Carmelita

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...