Thursday, April 02, 2015

Just add sparkle

I am back in the crafting business! Last week, I held my first workshop since moving to Nevada County and it was so much fun. It was nice to be back into something I love doing. It's been quite a month for the Wasson family.

I CASED this card from the great Pootles, a demonstrator in the UK.  Her stuff is pretty awesome, you should check it out.

I love the shooting star effect using the "swoop" image from the Work of Art stamp set. When I originally made this card, I used Whisper White stars. My friend Ruth (the oh-so-talented Ruth from Ruth's Stamping Corner) suggested I use glimmer paper for the stars, and oh my, was she right! She told me "I always start with glitter." What great advice!

Stampin' Tips:

  • Colors: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, and Hello Honey
  • Ink the "swoop" image once with Blackberry Bliss ink. Stamp the three swoops without re-inking to get the gradient/fading effect. 
  • Use the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accent punch pack to punch out stars. Use glue dots to adhere to the end of the swoop. 
  • Stamp the butterfly from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set in Hello Honey, then use the Elegant Butterfly punch to punch out the image. Remember: stamp first and then punch. 
  • Add some more sparkle by putting three rhinestones on the butterfly to form its body. Adhere the butterfly to the card with a couple of glue dots. 
  • Stamp the Watercolor Thank You in Blackberry Bliss.

Stampin' Supplies

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Happy Stampin',
 ~Carmelita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...