Friday, July 25, 2014

Inspire. Create. Share. 2014: Awards Night and After Party


Ok, so I have a little confession to make. I had EVERY intention of going to Awards Night and being there from beginning to end, but I missed about three-quarters of the night because I got sucked into the City Creek Mall. We went there for a quick dinner at the food court (my roomies had to indulge in Chic-fil-A because there is not one in their town) and some quick shopping. I checked out a few stores and then realized I was experiencing child-free shopping!!! I could concentrate and take my time and not worry about a bored little four-year-old wanting to touch everything or hide in the clothes racks. I lost track of time and was super late for Awards Night. 

However, I still got to see some amazing women celebrate their amazing achievements. I was excited to hear that that the Getaway is going to be to Newport Beach, CA. And then it was exciting to see the new Artisan Team, which now includes members from all over the world. I'll be looking forward to seeing their amazing projects over the next year. 

Finally, they announced Founder's Circle. I saw lots of names I recognize because of their online presence, but I also saw my up-up-upline Karen's name on the screen and got super excited as she walked across the stage to celebrate her achievement. I watch Awards Night every year (oh wait, I skipped it one year. Ikea was calling my name), and I rarely get super excited, but seeing Karen make this great achievement was worth getting excited for. 

Ok, now on to the Awards After-Party, which I fully participated in. It was hard not to because it was just THAT amazing!


  The theme of this year's after-party was County Fair, and it was probably just as fun as all the county fairs I have ever attended. 

They party featured nachos, funnel cake-like fries, a live country band with line-dancing (and instructors), face painting, bull-riding, fishing, and just plain ole' fun. I've been to several after-parties, and last year's was my favorite, but this year certainly gave the last one a run for its money. And my roomies were great companions to this great party. 

 The energy walking into the after-party was high. The band was great, the food was good, and the company was amazing.
 This was early in the evening when people were probably still trickling in and throwing a munch before hitting the dance floor.
 My roomie, who I might add is 80 years old, drug us all out onto the dance floor. I want to be like her when I grow up.
 I totally felt like I was a 10-year-old girl with how giddy I got over the face painting.

 About 8 minutes later. Wa-la, I have a sparkly flower on my face.

I wasn't the only one that got my face painted. All of my roomies indulged in this fun event. 

I left the party toward the end, but not too late because I had a FaceTime Date with my daughter and husband, who were left at home to fend for themselves. Thank God for great husbands who hold down the fort when the mommy leaves.  

There you have it. I have now officially blogged all about my day 2 at Inspire. Create. Share. Stay tuned for more of my experience in the upcoming days. 

Happy Stampin' 
~Cita 

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...