Friday, September 20, 2013

Lovely Ladybugs Day

Have I told you lately that I love being part of Stampin' Up!?
Let me tell you now: I love being part of Stampin' Up!

One of the many reasons I love this company is the people. I have met so many wonderful people since becoming a demonstrator, many who I now comfortably call my friends. The group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators I belong to is called Ladybug Ink. Think of it as my immediate Stampin' Up! family. Every so often, my upline, Amber, rewards several Ladybugs who met certain requirements during a performance period. I qualified this past period and got to partake in Lovely Ladybugs Day, and it indeed was a lovely Ladybug day. Complete with a scrumptious lunch, make-and-takes, and gifts, Amber provided an amazing morning.  Here's a little glimpse of my morning.

Here's the beautiful centerpiece at the table. These sunflowers are from Amber's garden.



Our lovely place setting. The placemat is an actual 12x12 piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock. I was super careful not to soil the placemat.

We each received a a little gift. Inside this cute little bag was a set of washi tape that we later used for one of our make-and-takes. 

At each place setting was this elegant "Lovely Ladybug" frame. You may not recognize the lovely ladybug from any set that Stampin' Up! sells. This is because Amber drew and carved this stamp using Stampin' Up!'s new Undefined Kit. I was surprised when Amber sent us all home with this cute frame.

I love how Amber used the new Bow die to make the wrap around for this setting. See that lemon? That is another stamp she hand-carved using the Undefined Kit.

 Dessert part 1. Can you say yummy?

I thought this was so cute and clever. Amber gave us these simple mason jars to use as our cups. To spruce up the cup a little, she wrapped a strip of washi tape around the jar.

And the glass is now completely full with delicious hand-squeezed lemonade. 

Dessert part 2. Amber's husband made these decadent lemon bars. I was so tempted to walk off with more that I could munch on later. 

After we finished stuffing our bellies, we got to stamp! 

Here's a bookmark we made. See the gold button on the flower? That's actually a white button that we dipped in gold embossing powder and heat embossed. 


This is a pouch made out of a simple 6x6 piece of DSP. See the gold splatter marks all over the black polka dot paper? We used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and embossed skid marks and splatter all over the paper. I think it's a nice touch.

This card is a "shaker card"; shake it and the butterflies, hearts, and flowers shake behind the window sheet. The window sheet is adhered to the card base using the washi tape.

This was our last make-and-take: a decorated notebook. Amber found these notebooks at a big craft store. We added the chevron ribbon and the Lovely Ladybug tag.


 I am definitely motivated to try to earn another invite to Lovely Ladybugs day again. Join my team of Ladybug stampers and you can also earn a lovely day like this. Contact me to see how you can join Stampin' Up! for only $100.

Happy Stampin'!
~Cita










No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...