Friday, April 26, 2013

Reading = Happiness: Corner Book mark


Last year, I made this cute little corner book marker. It's super easy to make and fits snugly on the corner of a book's page. A few weeks later, my mommy bought me a Kindle Fire for my birthday. Since then, I haven't read many physical books. I love reading books on my Kindle Fire. I thought about just setting this cute little corner bookmark in my Kindle cover, but a physical book mark is pointless.

Needless to say, not everyone has moved on from physical books, so book marks are not yet obsolete. So, if you do know someone who still would appreciate a bookmark, here's how you can make it:

  1.  Start with a 4" x  4" piece of card stock and a 4" x 4" piece of DSP.
  2. Use  the Simply Scored took and the Diagonal Plate to Score diagonal lines from the top middle to the middle of each side of the cardstock. Fold the cardstock on the score lines.
  3. Take a piece of 4" x 4" DSP and Cut the top corners of the DSP to match the shape of the bookmark. Save one of the corner pieces.



  4. Fold the corners back and adhere the DSP corner piece to keep them together.

  5. Decorate your DSP to your liking. For my bookmark, I wrapped around Pool Party ribbon. I used the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set (now retired) to stamp the butterfly in Pool Party ink and then cut out the image using snips. Finally, I stamped "Happiness" from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set and used the Word Window punch to punch out the word. 
 Have you jumped on the Digital bandwagon and switched over to e-books? You know, sometimes I do miss the feel of a book, but I still get my fill of books as I read all the kid books to my daughter. And I still occasionally read a physical book. Although, I love the portability of the Kindle.

Happy Stampin',
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...