The chalkboard technique is all the rage these days, and it's super simple to create. One thing I love about the chalkboard technique is how a simple card can look so glamorous. In this card, I've just used one stamp and added a piece of Primrose Petals 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon for a little embellishment.
To create the chalkboard technique, do the following:
- Stamp your image in Whisper White Craft Ink or VersaMark Ink on Black Cardstock.
- Heat emboss your image using Whisper White embossing powder.
- Lightly Sponge Whisper White Craft Ink around the black cardstock to create a chalk powder effect.
- Use the Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen to draw lines about 1/4" in to create a frame.
- Layer your black cardstock on another color and add embellishments.
The Sale-a-Bration 2013 Vintage Verses stamp set is perfect to use with the chalkboard technique and offers a variety of sentiments for all occasions.
Although you can no longer purchase the Sale-a-Bration exclusive stamp set, there are a variety of other stamp sets that are perfect for the chalkboard technique. Here are a few of my favorites.
|You're Amazing Stamp Set|
|Amazing Family stamp set|
|Seasonal Sayings stamp set|