Friday, April 12, 2013

Ladybug Ink Blog Hop: Birthday Style

Welcome to the April Ladybug Ink Blog Hop!
My birthday is this weekend, so it's awesome that our fearless Blog Hop organizer, Ruth, chose the birthday theme for this month's theme. I feel like I can continue to celebrate my birthday as I look at all the amazing birthday projects that these talented Ladybug stampers have come up with.
Anyways, my card is CASEd from a swap I received from a very talented demonstrator, T. Butts at the 2012 Stampin' Up! Denver Regional. Thank you for the inspiration.
I love this birthday card because of it's clean, simple look and the bold birthday colors (Pacific Point, Real Red, and Daffodil Delight).
The gift bags are simple to make, but takes longer than you may think.
  • Take pieces of Real Red, Pacific Point, and Daffodil Delight cardstock and use the Chevron embossing folder to emboss each color. 
  • Use the 1-1/4" Square Punch to punch out the squares in each color. 
  • Use the stampin' sponges to sponge each square's respective color over the chevrons. 
  • Cut a little piece (about1-1/2") piece of baker's twine and attach it to the back of each square using scotch tape. Using scotch tape better holds the twine in place. 
  • Sponge each color on white tissue paper. Fold or crumble the pieces and attach to the back of each square using scotch tape. 
  • Attach the newly assembled gift bag to your card using Stampin' Dimensionals. 
I stamped  "Happy Birthday" from the Sassy Salutation stamp set in Pacific Point ink. You may not be able to see this very clearly in the picture, but I also added a little more chevron embossing between the "Happy Birthday" and the gift bags by using the Borders Scoring Plate and the Simple Scored tool.

Isn't this a fun card? I like it so much, I think I'm going to give it to myself for my birthday this weekend. :-D

Head on over to Cassie's blog to see what kind of birthday awesomeness she has in store for you!

Happy Stampin',
~Cita 


Blog Hop Roll Call:

 Ruth Norton http://ruthsstampingcorner.blogspot.com
Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo http://nicholesu.blogspot.com/
You are here: Camelita Wasson http://carmenacita.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

Tricia Butts said...

I love your card and I am so thrilled that you were inspired by my card. Denver Regionals were so much fun and a great experience. If anyone is interested, here is the original card that helped to inspire this beautiful creation:
http://www.triciastampingcreations.blogspot.com/2012/09/creative-card-share-denver-regional-swap.html
Tricia Butts

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...