Sunday, March 03, 2013

Swaps Gone Wrong

During a monthly Ladybug Swap last year during Sale-a-Bration, I made a bad calculation when trying to figure out how much Designer Series Paper and ribbon I needed to complete my swaps. The result was three different swaps that had to go out. I know that's not how swaps are supposed to work, but in the interest of time and sanity, that was they way it had to be.

This was the original swap I designed. I loved the fan-like background of the DSP. Also, notice the nice Lucky Limeade ribbon.
And then I ran out of that fan-like DSP, so I switched to a striped DSP from the same Elementary Elegance collection. I also ran out of the ribbon, so I switched to a Calypso Coral ribbon.


And THEN, I ran out of the striped DSP. So I switched to this Pool Party-dominate DSP. At this point, I had to switch the background cardstock to Calypso Coral. I think it worked out well.

I learned a lot during this round of swaps. First, learn how to do math. :-)

Do you have any funny or frustrating swap stories? Share with me!

Happy Stampin"
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...