Friday, February 01, 2013

Distress and Art


I belong to a team of Stampin' Up! demonstrators called Ladybug Ink. Each month, we meet and exchange ideas as well as participate in a card swap with a different theme. I love these swaps because they help me explore ideas, techniques, themes, and techniques I don't think I would on my own. A few months ago, the theme of the Ladybug swap was ink techniques. In my search for a unique ink technique (say that three times fast), I came across Sherry Cheever's Wrinkle Free Distress tutorial on the Splitcoast Stampers website. I quickly embraced the technique and had a night of fun playing with ink and my brayer.

Now, our swaps have a few rules - three layers, current Stampin Up! product, and at least one embellishment. So I needed an embellishment. I punched out three "leaves" using the scallop punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack and then layering them under a Dahlia. And the beautiful sentiment is from the Trust God stamp set. 

If you would like to join my team of Ladybug stampers and participate in these awesome and challenging swaps, contact me. Being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is such a fun and rewarding experience. You should try it!

Happy Stampin' 
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...