Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Warm Wishes on an Oversized Card


Last month, I said goodbye to my beloved supervisor at my day job. She moved on to another project in the company, and consequently moved to a new location. On her last day, we had a nice send-off lunch and off course I had to make her a card. She knows I'm a stamper, so I just HAD to make one. I also wanted to get as many people to sign her card as I could, so I made it bigger than the 5.5" x 4.25" card. The above card was the result. It opens up and provided lots of space to have dozens of people sign their wishes. She loved the card. Mission accomplishment. 

Stampin' Cita Tips:
  • Stamp Set: Warmest of Wishes (Holiday Mini Hostess Set)
  • Color Scheme: Pool Party, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories:  Spice Cake DSP, Wild Wasabi embossing powder, Top Note die, Peekaboo Frames Bigz L die
  • Cut two top notes from the Top Note die - one from More Mustard Cardstock and one from the Spice Cake DSP. Take the DSP Top Note and cut along the dotted lines; adhere it to the More Mustard Top Note. 
  • Emboss the "Warmest Wishes" sentiment on Very Vanilla. Cut the Top Note-looking image from the Peekaboo Frames die in More Mustard. Make sure to not open the frame. Adhere the embossed image to the peekaboo frame. 
  • Cut two 11"x5" pieces of Pool Party Cardstock. In landscape orientations, score each piece at 3-1/2". Fold the ends up and place one of the pieces on top of the other. Adhere (I used sticky strip to make sure it was more secure).
 

This was a fun card to make, and I think I may use this concept in the future when others on my team leave. I think this design is easy to switch out the colors and DSP and still have a quick card. 

Happy Stampin'
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...