Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Doilies Aren't for Old People

The Delicate Doilies stamp set was one of the sets that Stampin' Up! offered to us demonstrators as a sneak peak item in June. When I first saw it I was not to thrilled with this set. But for some weird reason, I ended up buying it, and I haven't really been able to put it down for the last two months. I did decide that one reason I was so turned off to stamp set was because it had doilies in its name. I think of my Grandma's bright yellow doilies when I think of doilies. And although those doilies are amazing, I think old people (no offense wiser, older generation. I have lots of respect for you and your doilies). However, once I got past the name, I'm obsessed with this set. 

I made this card for the June Ladybug Ink card swap. I CASEd it from a fellow demonstrator I found on Stampin' Connection. This color scheme is definitely out of my comfort zone, but I ended up loving it. I hope you enjoy it too. 

Stampin' Cita Tips: 
  • Stamp Sets: Delicate Doilies, Upsy Daisy, Strength & Hope
  • Color Scheme: Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Wisteria Wonder, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Concord Crush
  • Accessories:Decorative Label Punch, 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon Chocolate Chip
  • Stamp the doily images using Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, and Wisteria Wonder. Focus on the middle of the card concentrating the images from corner to corner. Don't be afraid to overlap some of the images. 
  • Layer the Whisper White Cardstock on top of of the Poppy Parade cardstock. Wrap a piece of Chocolate Chip 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon in each corner.
  • To create the greeting, stamp the words from Strength & Hope in Wisteria Wonder ink on a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock. Stamp the birthday greeting from the Upsy Daisy stamp set in Concord Grape over the words. Use the Decorative Label punch to punch out the greeting and then use a sponge to add a little of Concord Grape around the edges. Adhere the greeting to your card using a Stampin' Dimensional.
Happy Stampin'
~Cita

    No comments:

    Snowed In

    It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...