Friday, May 13, 2011

Strength and Hope


In 1997, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was in 7th grade at the time and was pretty concerned about my mom. But  my mom is a strong woman, and after a lumpectomy, radiation, and chemo therapy, she beat the cancer and has been in remission for about 13 years now. Praise the Lord!


Because of this experience with my mom, I’m a sucker for campaigns that donate money to breast cancer research or to organizations that help breast cancer patients. This is why I almost cried when I heard that Stampin’ Up!, as part of their Making a Difference program, teamed up with The Breast Cancer Research Foundation for the Strength & Hope Campaign.

Here’s how it works: throughout the 2011 Summer Mini Catalog sales period, Stampin’ Up! will donate $2 from the sale of each Strength & Hope set and Strength & Hope digital kit to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which is an organization dedicated to preventing breast cancer and finding a cure in our lifetime by funding clinical and translational research worldwide.  For more information on The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, visit www.bcrfcure.org.

To purchase your sets, visit my website

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...