Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, How I Miss You


Maybe it's because Spring hasn't quite arrived yet that I'm still so fixated on Christmas. (Or maybe I'm just THAT behind on my blog posting). But here's another Christmas creation, and one that I am quite proud of. I got hold of this idea as I was browsing through the Stampin' Connection, an exclusive community of Stampin' Up! demonstrators.
The tree is comprises 20 ornaments punched out of DSP using the Ornament Punch. I "decorated" a couple of the ornaments by using the eyelet border punch and the scallop border punch to punch a little strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock and adhering it to the ornament. The tree trunk is an inch-wide piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. Finally, I punched the cute little bird from DSP using the Two-Step Bird punch and the Christmas greeting comes from the Four The Holidays stamp set.

Since the left side of the layout was so complex and busy, I decided that the right side should be simple. I once again punched out several ornaments and then decorated them with the letters from the Joyful sizzlits die. 
 
And just because I love her Christmas pictures and I think she is so stinkin' adorable, here's Bella Bug, whose pictures will grace this scrapbook layout.  

Happy Stampin'

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...