Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas....


This past weekend I was in Wal-Mart and was appalled by the amount of Thanksgiving and Christmas items that were out for sale. I was thinking "sheesh, we still have plenty of time and they have to put out everything so early!" And then I realized that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! And Christmas is just around the corner!

So with that, I decided to start posting my Christmas creations, starting with this unique Christmas card using Deck the Halls DSP. What makes this card unique? Well, it's, what I'm liking to call, a flap card, because the front cover is almost like a flap. It's a standard 4.24x5.5 card, but I cut off 1 1/4 inches off the cover of the card. I got this idea from a fellow demonstrator on Stampin' Connection.

Stampin' Cita's Tips:
  • Cut 1 1/4 inch from the cover of your card to make the flap and then decorate it.
  • On the "inside", which will show beneath your flap, use a Stampin' Wheel to stamp a continuous image. I used the Music Notes wheel with Basic Black. You may notice that my stamped image is not straight, and that is intentional. I love curvy music. :) However, if you are conscious about keeping your wheeled images straight, use the Stampin' Around Wheel Guide.
  • Deck the Halls DSP is the paper of the season! Use the holly paper for your background and punch out the bird (using the Two-Step Bird Extra Large punch) from any other piece of paper in the set. I gave the bird's wing a bit of dimension by using a Stampin' Dimensional to adhere the wing to the bird's body.
  • This year is a good year to crumble paper. I crumbled a strip of Always Artichoke and Crumble Cake and stamped my "Merry Christmas" sentiment in Cherry Cobbler.
  • Colors used: Basic Black, Crumble Cake, Always Artichoke, and Cherry Cobbler
  • Stamps used: Music Notes Stampin' Wheel and Christmas Greetings
~Carmelita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...