Thursday, May 06, 2010

April Ladybug Swap


At this month's Ladybug Ink meeting we focused the swap theme on using items and stamp sets from the new Summer Mini Catalog. I decided that I really wanted to play with the new Smooch Spritz, and boy did I have fun. Can you see it? It's the stuff that makes the card look all sparkly! I had a blast with the Smooch Spritz, but be careful when you use it. If you don't pay attention you may accidentally spray your computer screen or yourself.

Here's some details on my swap:
  • Colors used: Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink, and Rose Red.
  • Use the Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot die to cut out the butterflies using the Presto Patterns Specialty paper. This paper comes white, but has glossy images that you can reveal. I used a sponge dauber and ink to color the butterflies.
  • Use the flowers from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set to stamp a background on the Pretty in Pink strip. I have this stamp set in the clear mounted form and put two flower stamps on one block to make things go by faster.
  • The "Journey" sentiment is from the Define Your Life stamp set. I layered it on top of a Rose Red piece that I sprayed with Smooch Spritz and fringed the edges with my snips.
You should definitely check out the Smooch Spritz. If anything, there is something extremely fun about spraying it on your card and sometimes all over the place. Good thing Stampin' Up! offers a Color Catcher to help control the mess.

Happy Stampin'

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...