Monday, December 21, 2009

Gift Tags - So Simple!


I've said it before, and I will say it again - I LOVE the Big Shot. And the SU! Two Tags die makes cutting out and decorating gift tags easy and fun. This gift tag is CASEd from a gift tag we made during Convention, and they can easily be replicated using different types of stamps.

Gift Tag Details:
  • Use the SU! Two Tags die to cut out the gift tag with Chocolate Chip cardstock.
  • Stamp the Christmas sentiment in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White. This stamp is from the Hostess Level 1 Stamp Set, Holiday Best.
  • Emboss the image using Clear Embossing Powder. To do this, I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the Christmas sentiment in Versamark over the image I just stamped in Chocolate Chip. I then applied the Clear Embossing Powder to the Versamark image and used the heating tool to heat the powder.
  • Use the Scallop Oval punch to punch out the image and then the Wide Oval punch to punch out a Real Red Oval. Layer the scalloped image onto the oval.
  • Use a strip of Merry Moments DSP in the back and place the ovals on top of this. If you are a paper scrap saver, this is a great way to use small scraps.
  • Thread some Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon at the top and wa-la, you have a simple and easy gift tag.
You can write a nice little note in the inside of this tag or even use the inside to hold a piece of candy or maybe some mula!

Happy Stampin'
~Carmelita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...