Saturday, November 21, 2009

Have Yourself a SIMPLE Little Christmas


Many times, simplicity can go a long way. I don't know how many times in my life that I have been told that I make things too difficult, and I believe that oftentimes when designing scrapbook pages or cards that I make things more difficult than what they should be. I like elaborate pages and cards, and I LOVE to cut things out (which can be time consuming). However, there is always a time and place for simple designs, and these simple designs can still have a strong and loving impact on the recipient or viewer of your creation.

As I was prepping for my Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stack last week, I needed one more card design, and I knew I needed it to be a simple design. So I did what almost every demonstrator probably does when they need inspirations, I started to surf the internert; more specifically, I started to browse through other SU! demonstrators' blogs. That was when I found Kween Bee Kreations and her awesome take on this Clean and Simple layout . I loved her ideas and decided to CASE one for the stamp-a-stack.

CASEd Simple Christmas Card
  • Use Garden Green CS (102584, $5.50) for your card base.
  • Layer a strip of Christmas Cocoa DSP (116770, $11.95) on top a slightly bigger strip of Real Red CS (102482, $5.50).
  • Adhere a strip of Whisper White Organza Ribbon (114319, $5.95) in the middle of the DSP.
  • Stamp the Merry Christmas bird from the Holiday Best stamp set (Hostess Level1, 115364) in Real Red ink (103133, $5.95) on Whisper White CS (100730, $7.50). Use the 1-3/8" Circle punch (104401, $15.95) to punch out the image.
  • Sponge the outside of the punched out image with Real Red ink. Adhere to middle of card using Stampin' Dimensionals (104430, $3.95).
  • Use the 3/16" Corner Rounder (109047, $7.95) to round the right corners of your card. Remember to do this in the front and back.
  • Don't forget your sentiment in the inside of the card.
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...