Monday, November 30, 2009

Double Duty

If you get involved in Stampin' Up! you will quickly be exposed to the SU jargon. Some of these terms include the phrase Hobby Demonstrator or Hobbyist. My interpretation of this phrase is one who is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator that does it for the discount, the resources, and the fun, not necessarily for the business or money-making aspect of the demonstratorship.

I am a Hobby Demonstrator, and I am quick to admit that the number one reason I joined Stampin' Up! was for the discount. How can you say no to 20% off all your Stampin' Up! orders? I'm a sucker for discounts, especially discounts of 20% and greater. And then there are all the added benefits, such as incentive rewards (free stamp sets, greater discounts, cruises, etc.), resources (monthly magazine, tutorials, gallery, etc.), demonstrator exclusive events (group meetings, convention, regionals), and the relationships (I have met so many new people through Stampin' Up!). There hasn't been a day that I have regretted signing up to be a demonstrator.

Since I am a hobby demonstrator, I also have another job. It's that thing I call a career that I went to college and got a degree for. Fortunately, I have a fantastic job that I tend to enjoy; however, I do tell my husband that the only reason I have this job is to support my stamping habit. :) Generally, this job is pretty calm and mild, but this week, it's going to take all my time and probably most of my energy as they sent me across the country to work. So, this week, I am going to excuse myself from all efforts of even trying to post and will post some more Christmas examples this weekend. So stay tuned.

If you are interested in learning more about the demonstratorship, contact me (stampincita@gmail.com) or visit my website. I would love to share with you about all the great aspects and perks of being a SU! demo, and even more so, I would love for you to join my stampin' team!

Till I return to my side of the country, Happy Stampin'.

~Cita

1 comment:

Ruth Norton said...

Have a safe trip! Hope to see you at the Christmas party!!
Ruth :)

PS are you still a squash?

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...