Friday, May 30, 2014

Made in the USA


Do you believe in Photopolymer Stamps?

At first I didn't. But then Stampin' Up! released the Map it Out Photopolymer Stamp Set and I had to have it. I was sold by the United States stamp alone. So, I took the plunge and I bought the photopolymer stamp set.



Stamping and dealing with photopolymer is different. It's not bad, just different than rubber stamps. They stick very well to the clear blocks and are great for perfect alignment. However, I felt like I had to practice a bit when it came to inking and stamping with the stamp. For this card, I used Staz On black ink because it seemed like the regular Basic Black ink wasn't stamping dark enough with this particular stamp. My photopolymer experiences is limited, so I'm sure there are all sorts of techniques out there for stamping with photopolymer. I need to get used to it, because Photopolymer is here to stay and there's going to be some amazing photopolymer stamp sets in the near future.

Stampin' Tips:

  • Color Scheme: Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit
  • Stamp Set: Map it Out Photopolymer Stamp Set, Express Yourself Hostess Set
  • Accessories: In-Color DSP, Kaleidoscope DSP, SAB Summer Starfruit Baker's Twine, Angled Tag Topper Punch, 1" Circle Punch
  • Use the Angled Tag Topper Punch to make a 2"x4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock into a tag. Stamp the United States image using Staz On ink onto the tag. Punch out a 1" circle and adhere over the hole of the tag topper and punch a hole through the circle to thread the baker's twine through. 
  • Use the heart stamp to place a heart in whichever state your heart lies in. My heart belongs to New Mexico. 



What are your thoughts on Photopolymer stamps? I would love to hear your experience using these new stamps.

Happy Stampin'
~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...