Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fun & Fast Merriness

When I became a demonstrator I was super excited about the Demonstrator Starter Kit. For just $175, I got a plethora of awesome Stampin’ Up! products valued at over $300 (it was my rite of passage into demonstratorship). One of the four stamp sets I received was the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set. I wasn’t too thrilled with the stamp set at first, and regretted my decision about not exchanging that stamp set when I ordered my kit (which is something you get to do when you order your kit). However, over the last couple of years I have found a love for this versatile stamp set. Seriously, you can make all sorts of cards with this stamp set, including Christmas Cards like the one in the picture. I’ve also made thank you cards, get well cards, baby shower cards, and baby scrapbook pages with this set.

Stampin’ Cita’s Tips:
  • Colors: Poppy Parade, Soft Suede, and Old Olive
  •  Stamp Sets: Fun and Fast Notes, Tiny Tags
  • Punches: Word Window, Eyelet Border, and 3/16" Corner Small
  •  Card base is 4”x 4”
  • Stamp the Christmas Tree from Fun & Fast Notes on Whisper White using Soft Suede Ink. Use the Stampin’ Write markers to color the Christmas Tree and then use a sponge to sponge a little of Poppy Parade ink on the edges of the Whisper White cardstock. Finish this piece off by rounding the top corners using the 3/16" Corner Small punch.
  •  Stamp “Merry” from the Tiny Tags stamp set three times on Soft Suede cardstock using Soft Suede ink. Use the Word Window punch the punch out the “Merry” words. Remember to stamp your word first and then punch it out, that way you can position the word where you want it. Adhere the three “Merry” words to the card and cut off the excess part of the word window.
  •  Use the Scallop Border punch to make the border. Punch one side of  a strip of Old Olive, and then punch the other side. A simpler way of doing this part of the card is to use the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.
Enjoy your MERRY Christmas Card!

~Cita

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...